Okay, frogging it all was EXTREMELY painful. But, just a week and a half later, I have caught myself up! The STARGHAN is now bigger than it ever was. It’s big enough that people have stopped asking me if it’s a hat…
You’ll notice it’s not on the needles; I’ve been doing way too much knitting of late (did I mention I did all of that in the last week and a half, in addition to finishing two socks?) and my hand really hurts. So I made myself take the STARGHAN off the needles completely so I wouldn’t be tempted and I am resolved not to do any knitting until Monday at the earliest.
YOU GUYS I DON’T KNOW IF I’LL MAKE IT.
Ahem. Anyway, it’s coming along nicely. Puckering just a bit, especially in the very center, but hopefully blocking will sort that out; it’s not too severe. Current radius is 13″ with 175 grams worked. I have 1200 grams so that gives…carry the two…a maximum radius for the blue portion of about 34″. I was aiming for 36″ but I suspect it will grow when blocked so we’re right on track. I may even make it a little smaller; the ‘Gate portion itself will add another 1/3 to that, and I really don’t think having a blanket bigger than 8 feet in diameter is practical. Even if it is awesome.