WisCon is this weekend! I am super-excited because Savitri is coming with me, and the Feminist Batwoman and her boyfriend will be there, and I’ll get to see lots of cool peeps from tumblr. Also I think someone I met through Ravelry, oddly enough. If you will also be at WisCon, hooray! Come find me! Here is my schedule so far as I know it, with the following handy-dandy coding:
- Places I will definitely be
- Places I will almost definitely be
- Places I would like to be
- there are lots of gaps in the schedule because I know better than to try to plan out where I’ll be for each and every timeslot. Suffice to say I will probably be at a lot of panels. And crashing hard in the con suite.
- I’d like to go to the readings but appear to have a school event at the same time. Because I teach astronomy.
- 2:30 – 3:00 Irresistible: X-philia, Shipping, and the Joys of Requited Love
- 3:00 – 3:45 The Women of Dr Who: Dr Who has 99 Problems and Stephen Moffat is All of Them
Seeing as I know (or “know”) half of the panelists, I should really be there for the whole thing, but I NEED to hear the X-philes paper
- 4:00 – 5:30 Green Room
- 7:00 – 8:30 Opening Ceremonies
- 8:30 – 10:45 Green Room
- 1:00 – 2:15 Found Families in Speculative Fiction
I should probably mention that I’m on this panel. So, you know, if you want to hear me blather about Tamora Pierce and my “sisters” and whatnot, this is the time and the place.
- 7:30 – 9:00 Tiptree Auction
- 9:00 – 10:15 The Case Against Steven Moffat
- 10:30 – 11:45 “Lift With Your Legs, Not With Your Back”
- After That: Haiku Earring Party
- 4:00 – 5:15 Towards a Female Gaze
My second panel of the con. This seems to be the timeslot with EVERYTHING in it but I think we’re going to have a really good discussion so if you can tear yourself away from everything else, come by!
- 7:30 – 8:30 Dessert Salon
- 8:30 – 9:45 Guest of Honor Speeches
- 10:00 – 11:15 Tumblr Culture: Social Justice and Feels
- 2:30 – 3:45 Post-Mortem
YAY WISCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to see you there!